Delicious recipe, great for any extra stems you might have, and caps for extra flavor!
- 2 spring onions
- 2 Black Pearl Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 t Szechuan crispy chili oil
- 2 t vinegar
- 3 t amino acids
- 1 T peanut butter
- 100g rice stick noodles (the flat kind)
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 T finely chopped fresh coriander
- ½ t white sesame seeds
- 1 t sesame oil
- Finely chop the spring onions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside. Using a fork, shred the king oyster mushrooms into strips until only the cap remains. Finely chop the cap. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili oil, the vinegar, soy sauce, and peanut butter with 4 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- Boil a kettle-full of water and fill a medium saucepan. Place the noodles in the water, cover, and leave to cook for 8-10 minutes. While the noodles are cooking, make the sauce.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the white parts of the spring onion along with the garlic and fry for a few minutes. Add the shredded mushrooms and fry for a further 3 – 5 minutes or until they look reduced and juicy.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the mixture of sauce ingredients from the small bowl. Stir well and allow for simmer for a minute or two but don’t let it reduce too much. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little more water to thin it out.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the pan with the sauce. Remove from the heat and toss or stir to combine. Add the fresh coriander and stir through.
- Serve in a deep bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and a drizzle of sesame oil.