These fresh Vietnamese style spring rolls really allow you to express your culinary creativity. Try experimenting with different vegetables, meat, and meat substitutes. Our Premium Salad Mix microgreens and Gray Oyster mushrooms make this dish a nutritious, refreshing, and easy on-the-go snack or lunch.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Tayler Jones
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 red bell pepper
- 2 large carrots
- 1 bundle of green onions
- 1 bundle fresh mint
- 3 oz Microvora Premium Salad Mix microgreens
- 1 lb Gray Oyster mushrooms
- 1 package rice noodles
- 1 package rice paper
- 2 Tb water
- 1 Tb soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tb brown sugar
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 Tb soy sauce
- 1 Tb rice vinegar
- 2 Tb brown sugar
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1 Tb lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tb ginger root, grated
- 2-4 Tb warm water
- Cut all vegetables and mushrooms. Julienne your carrots, bell pepper, and cucumber. Cut mushrooms into 1 inch strips.
- Prepare mushroom marinade by combining all ingredients into a shallow bowl. Add cut mushrooms and mix gently. Place in fridge to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook rice noodles according to package instructions.
- After the rice noodles have cooked, the marinated mushrooms will be about ready to cook. Warm a pan on low-medium heat and add just enough oil to coat the bottom of pan. Add mushrooms to hot pan and cook until slightly crisp. About 5 minutes each side. Remove cooked mushrooms from pan and place in a bowl.
- Prepare a work space to roll your spring rolls. I suggest placing each ingredient in their own bowl to optimize your efficiency. Rice noodles, vegetables, and mushrooms will fill your spring rolls. You will need to place ingredients on your rice paper and roll quickly.
- Fill a large shallow bowl with warm water. One at a time, submerge rice paper under water for 5 seconds.
- Place fillings on prepared rice paper and roll. Place the ingredients most likely to puncture the wrapper on the rice paper last.
- After you have prepared your spring rolls you are ready to make the peanut dipping sauce. Combine all ingredients except water. Mix until combined, then add water until you have reached your desired consistency.