- 1lb Lion’s Mane
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 3/4 pound fettuccine or other pasta cooked in salted water according to package instructions and drained
- parsley for garnish freshly chopped, for garnish, optional
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 red pepper
1. Soak cashews in hot water for 30 minutes
2. Preheat your oven to 400 F. Slice the Lion’s Mane into 3/4″ inch thick patties. Line patties on a greased baking tray and bake for 30 minutes, flipping them at the half-way point.
3. While cashews soak and patties bake, add 1 cup of water to a pot with your broccoli and red pepper, sliced up. Put the lid on, then bring to a boil and let sit for 3-5 minutes until broccoli and red pepper are steamed. Drain water off.
4. Drain the cashews and add to high-speed blender along with other water or almond milk, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt, tahini, and dried basil, and blend on high speed about 90 seconds until smooth.
5. After Lion’s Mane patties are done baking: Coat the bottom of a pan with oil, bring to medium heat, then add your Lion’s Mane to the pan. Sprinkle your seasoning on the top-side of the patty, we used Italian Herbs and Red Pepper Flakes. After 2 minutes, flip the patties (seasoning side down now), and sear for another 2 minutes.
6. Cook the pasta according to directions on box. Once cooked and drained, toss with alfredo sauce, red pepper and broccoli. Slice Lion’s Mane Patties into strips, and add to pasta dish.
7. Top with GOVEGGIE Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy!!